[mythtv] Re: DVB - "Unable to find channel in database"

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 8 14:55:59 UTC 2005

Quoting Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com>:
> It appears to be partially a backend problem (can't open an invalid
> channel, null or .) and partially a front end issue, as Taylor alludes
> to (frontend can't function without a feed). I'm not sure which end
> needs the fix, I could see where fixing either side could solve the
> root.

The backend is perfectly fine.  It tunes to a channel and attempts to get data..
Fixing the backend really won't help much when you have stations that the PMT
claims its on the air, but no data comes since its realyl off the air.. It
works when you re-tune for a recording, so I don't see the backend as a
problem.  Its the frontend that currently doesn't:

1. Handle running out of video in an elegant way
2. Allow you to send a new channel to the backend to re-tune

Taylor