SV: [mythtv] Proposed alternate behaviour for show delete

Mårtensson Roger Roger.Martensson at miun.se
Thu Mar 10 07:57:13 UTC 2005

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2005, at 3:48 PM, andrew burke wrote:
>>
>> Reversible deletion is a separate issue.  It doesn't solve the
>> 'should I delete this?' problem, which a watchers list does.  A
>> watchers list doesn't solve the 'oh shit, I shouldn't have deleted
>> that.' problem, which this would.
>>
> Thus a combination of the watchers list and the undelete would solve
> virtually all of the "hey I wanted to watch that" problems.

This is a feature I sure would like to have.. maybe with a twist. :)

I like the idea with watchers lists. I and my gf records different shows. I have shows that doesn't interest her and vice verse. Watchers list would be great for this. Then I could use a group list to see only my personal recordings, our shared recording or All recordings. Three possible "groups".

I also like the "undelete" suggestion except I personally dont like to "empty the recycle bin" procedure. That one should be possible to automate. Name it "Delayed delete" and put a timer on it. If I delete one show it should disappear from my "personal view" and, unless I recovers it, should be deleted after the timer expires. Auto delete should empty this queue first and then go after other marked recordings.

Now.. This "Delete" should be connected with the watchers list. So if I delete the show but not my gf
then it shouldn't be deleted(unless auto-delete kicks in).

An idea would to create a Auto-recycle. If Auto-Recycle kicks in it put the recording in the recycle bin and Auto-delete empties the recycle bin. A setting saying "Force delete of Auto-recycled flagged shows if below X Gb space on harddrive" should be in there so current Auto-Delete behaviour is preserved.

Now when I think of it. Another good thing with a watchers list is that there would be possible to have personal "bookmarks" when viewing a recording.. now wouldn't that be neat. :) Other things would be to have personal themes and such but that is way off topic for this thread. :)

These are only my personal ideas but I think there is atleast one or two out there who would like it to behave like this or similar.

Mvh,
Roger Martensson            E-Mail:  Roger.Martensson at miun.se
Work: +46-(0)63-16 54 45    Cell: +46-(0)70-629 54 45
MSN: Roger.Martensson at mh.se NetMeeting: Intranet only
And dont forget: Magister Mundi Sum