[mythtv] Four issues

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 11 11:40:02 UTC 2005

> I've switched back to PS recording - not being able to skip through
> parts of the show is annoying me more than having to hit '+' to
> re-acquire sound.  I'm trying to debug the dropout of the sound.  A
> quick question though...  How did you upgrade to CVS HEAD?  Did you do
> a full reinstall (i.e. let myth create a new mythconverg mysql
> database), or did you upgrade from a previous version.  If so, which
> version?

I've just experienced my first two recordings where I've lost sound
using PS recording. One was whilst recording ABC which seemed to have
two audio tracks. Changing to the second audio track seemed to bring
sound back, but changing back to the first track resulted once again in
silence. As you suggested, this seemed to occur at the same time when
there was a problem in reception.

The second recording (Channel 7) only has one audio track. Once the
sound disappears (a few seconds into the recording), I can never get it
back. This one is the most frustrating as it was recorded for my better
half who is now not very impressed. Do you have any idea on how to get
the sound working in this recording?

Cheers,
-Kent