[mythtv] DVB subtitles

Martin Barnasconi mythtv at barnasconi.net
Sun Mar 13 21:05:10 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 11:16, Pekka Jääskeläinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to help in implementing the DVB subtitles support
> for the MythTV. I know C/C++ pretty well, but I don't know the MythTV
> internals, thus I don't know where to start, or how to do it cleanly.
> I browsed the documentation of the code available at the Wiki,
> not much help in there for me, unfortunately.

Did you do a search in the mailing archives (-user and -dev) on "vbI"? You
will find some work in progress by me and others. Check the patches first
before start to code, as there is already much available in the experimental
stages. DVB subtitle stuff has been made before but never made it into CVS.

> Mainly I think I need to know how the DVB demuxer works, so I know
> how to pick and capture the correct DVB subtitle stream. Secondly, I
> need to know how to put the subtitle graphics on top of the video. Is
> there some kind of overlay API in MythTV?

You can use the OSD class (or OSD-derived classes) for this.

> Third, I need to create a
> setup option for the wanted subtitle language, how it's done?

Not necessary I guess. Use the language settings from the database, as I think
the menu language should be identical to the subtitle language, not? Or just
"browse" trough the several streams by pressing the button n-times....

Martin