[mythtv] RE: DVB EIT problem

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 16:35:13 UTC 2005

I've been struggling for some time to try and find out why my cable provider
in the UK doesn't get EIT data but my OTA provider does.
It appears the DVB-T provider sends the EIT sections in sections of 8, so I
get this in the logs:
[PuuuuuuuPuuuuuuuPuuuuuuuPuuuuuuuPuuuuuuuPuuuuuuu...PuuuuuuuPuuuuuuuPuuuuuuu
P]

The cable provide seems to send them in sections of 0x20 (32), so the
EIT_DEBUG gives me this:
LoadStatus=[PuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmPuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
...PuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmP]

I've watched it for some time and the missing portions never arrive, but it
appears complete:
EventHandler::AddSection sid=16 eid=96 version=21 section 00 of e0
EventHandler::AddSection sid=16 eid=96 version=21 section 20 of e0
EventHandler::AddSection sid=16 eid=96 version=21 section 40 of e0
EventHandler::AddSection sid=16 eid=96 version=21 section 60 of e0
EventHandler::AddSection sid=16 eid=96 version=21 section 80 of e0
EventHandler::AddSection sid=16 eid=96 version=21 section a0 of e0
EventHandler::AddSection sid=16 eid=96 version=21 section c0 of e0
EventHandler::AddSection sid=16 eid=96 version=21 section e0 of e0

For this particular sid/eid nothing else is ever sent, so I guess it's
complete, but because it's x20 apart rather than x8 the parser never adds
any events.

I'm starting to get quite confused by the code tho, so perhaps someone could
point me where to go from here?
thanks

Mark