[mythtv] Whats wrong with myth

Keith C mythtv at keithandjill.com
Sat Mar 19 02:33:41 UTC 2005

> A while ago I posted asking if anybody had mythtv - DVICO - HDTV
> working, and received no replies.
>
> The bottom line is HDTV on myth does not work.

Works for me.
> Winders + Fusion drivers works well on THIS machine
> Last night I tried kaxtv on THIS machine and it works nearly as well
> as Winders.
> Mythtv SDTV is good, but HDTV is unwatchable.

I'd recommend looking at the atrpms that include dvb kernel modules and
drivers for some cards.  Not sure about DVICO support, but you could
check.  I can almost use them for my pcHDTV-3000 (drivers are new,
still have some dependency problems in atrpms).

> A pity that the hard, volumous efforts of those putting in the efforts
> are being diluted by all the other activity. (mythweather et al)

I wouldn't say there is dilution.  People contribute where they can.  I
could do absolutely zero for the tv part of Myth, but I've looked
through MythWeb and MythMusic for places I could contribute.

> I've been a programmer for 20 years! I know little indeed about video,
> or DVB, I'd tuck in and contribute, but there is no documentation on
> how
> myth is put together, and there seems to be a clicky 'you were not
> admitted to the high circle' so buzz off! attitude.

Admittedly, most first (and second and third) posts to the myth lists
get ignored.  Everyone expects either someone else will answer or
someone else will tell you to "search the archives".  Which really
doesn't work as well as they think.