[mythtv] DVB recording issues

Jason W jason at backtick.org
Sat Mar 19 12:45:19 UTC 2005

On 2005/03/19 20:43, Jason W wrote:
>  It occurs on both
> recordings with AC3 and without (i.e. MPEG-2 audio only). When remuxing
> I have only been including the MPEG-2 audio and discarding the AC3 where
> it exists. Next time it happens I'll try the AC3 as well. It is possible
> that the AC3 stream is screwed and the MP2 is OK. I don't recall if I've
> successfully played back a stream with only MP2.

Just hit another recording with the problem. I've flushed my myth logs
since the recording unfortunately. Another problem I have is huge CPU
usage and large log files being generated. Could be related. Again, when
I have time.

This is just a quick follow-up to say that with a recording containing
MPEG-2 video and MPEG-2 audio from Channel 9 Brisbane, I had the loss of
audio problem. No AC3 present. Demux/remux and it opens in QuickTime
fine and plays with sound.

Jason