[mythtv] indicating recording status in mythweb

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 02:02:34 UTC 2005

I like the idea o having the RecStatusChar, for all indications, good
or bad.  I am wandering if the same char could be put in the listing
page of mythweb, much like the front end.

I can't see when my motorsport programs are recording OK, becuase the
outline and the cell are both green!

Also, the more that mythweb is like mythfrontend, the better IMO.

Cheers,
Dave

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:05:14 -0500, Dan Christensen <jdc at uwo.ca> wrote:
> Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> writes:
>
> >> Yes, this is much better.  But I would like to show nothing in the
> >> case of something that will record or that will record at another
> >> time, so only the problem cases are indicated.
> >
> > Why not just change the css so the color is easier to see?  As long as
> > it looks decent enough (would prefer changing the "kids" color more than
> > the one for "conflict"), I'm happy to take a patch.
>
> Changing the kids colour would help a bit, but I don't think it solves
> the fundamental problem, since I find the borders hard to pick out
> even for other shows.  To me, the recstatus is more important info
> than the genre, but the changing colours of the genres makes it hard
> to see the recstatus.  (The problem is probably worse for me because
> I have a 14" 1600x1200 screen, so the border lines are very thin.)
>
> If you don't like having the RecStatusChar in the left column, how
> about using the border colour/pattern also as the background for
> the nbsp character in the left column?  Or how about the other
> idea of making some of the command buttons red?  This last idea
> seems like it might be the best option...
>
> Dan

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.