[mythtv] DVB, HD-2000, and CRCs

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Mar 21 02:18:04 UTC 2005

I am doing some testing of my HD-2000 using DVB with an eye toward
pitching in to fix any issues I encounter.  I've got it populating guide
data into the database from the one channel I can receive on the crappy
antenna attached to my dev box, but there are a lot of transmission
errors due to the fairly poor (and variable) signal quality.

So my question... I note that the code is sending a flag to the driver
to check CRC for the EIT and ETT PIDs.  Is Myth supposed to check some
flag on the packet and drop bad ones, or is the driver supposed to
filter out packets that fail CRC?

Thanks,
-Doug