[mythtv] "stable" tag proposal

Michael R. Dilworth (E-mail) michael at dilworth.net
Tue Mar 22 01:25:44 UTC 2005

	First I'm not a 'dev' yet, Hell I don't even have MYTH running yet.
	(the box I was going to proto with, died...)

	But as a dev for over 20 years, the only time you change the way things are
done
	is to please management.  Change takes man hours, hours that could be spent
fixing
	bugs or adding new features.  If management wants more control or
accountability
	than well let management pay for it.

	!	As no one including myself is paying for this....

	The next reply will state that it's easy or "I" will do it.  As Isaac
stated earlier
	volunteers are easy to find, workers are not.   As for easy, how many
scripts, etc
	exist in the 'dev' world that would be broken by change.

	!	Would you rather that a 'dev' is trying to fix his/her dev enviroment or
working on
		the code....

	Stable is a good suggestion, Others may come, But let's try to work within
the current
	system rather than "f$rk" it.

	Michael