[mythtv] DVB, HD-2000, and CRCs

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 22 04:24:42 UTC 2005

Quoting Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org>:

> Looking at the driver source, I concur... it should be checking CRC for
> section data (metadata, not video/audio streams).  Nevertheless, with
> the HD-2000 DVB driver at least, it is not.  I've verified that the
> DMX_CHECK_CRC flag is being set on the filter.

> I hacked in a call to mpegts_crc32 for EIT and ETT PIDs, and am now not
> seeing the errors I was seeing before.  A quick inspection of the
> HD-2000 driver did not reveal a bug in this area, but I suspect that's
> where it is.

You may want to subscribe to linux-dvb and post about this.. After doing some
looking into the collision rates of CRC32 I am starting to think the drivers
are not actually checking CRC32, or there is a bug in it.. This would eliminate
the validation code I have right now for some DVB tables that I really am not
too pleased about using..

I'll see if I can stir up something on linux-dvb as well..

Taylor