[mythtv] DVB, HD-2000, and CRCs

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 22 04:59:26 UTC 2005

Quoting Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org>:

> I hacked in a call to mpegts_crc32 for EIT and ETT PIDs, and am now not
> seeing the errors I was seeing before.  A quick inspection of the
> HD-2000 driver did not reveal a bug in this area, but I suspect that's
> where it is.

OK.. I spoke too soon..

It appears that the drivers ONLY check tables that have the
section_syntax_indicator set.. This is the correct thing to do, but if that 1
bit is screwed up you will be in trouble.. I got a number of tables that were
dropped because of this.. Can you try the attached patch, and let me know if
you get other tables slipping through that are bad?  I need to validate the DVB
docs before I use this as a blanket solution hence no commit on this one yet..

http://www.digitalregime.com/patches/siparser_crc_drop.patch

Taylor