[mythtv] 'stable' tag proposal

Wed Mar 23 02:17:54 UTC 2005

*very soft voice*

Hi,
   I wouldn't mind seeing a subversion clone of the current repository.
My experiences with svn have been much better than with cvs.

   I think what Andy is asking for, a "cvs tarball", is not a tarball of
head, but a tarball of the entire cvs source repository - all revisions
and meta-data in one tarball.  Such a tarball can be pulled into svn so
that the svn repository has the revision history.  I don't think that
such a tarball is publicly available.

   Andy:
   While cvs2svn needs such a tarball, I think some other converters can
use the cvs pserver interface that *is* availbale.
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html/  I think VCP is one
such, although I've never used it myself.
   Also, would you be trying to keep the svn and cvs repositories in
sync, just a one-way mirror (changes in cvs -> changes in subversion,
but not vice-versa), or just a one-time snapshot?

Cheers,

Will        :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering