[mythtv] 'stable' tag proposal

andrew burke aburke at bitflood.org
Wed Mar 23 04:09:53 UTC 2005

>    While cvs2svn needs such a tarball, I think some other converters can
> use the cvs pserver interface that *is* availbale.

Yes, I was going to look into that, but my guess is that running that on a
repository will be a pretty significant hit in terms of performance as
compared to tarring up the repo and sending it my way.  Granted, I would
do it at night, but I figure why waste a lot of bandwidth, etc on the
mythtv cvs server if someone is willing to send me a tarball?  Of course,
I haven't heard anything on getting the tarball yet, so we'll see.

>    Also, would you be trying to keep the svn and cvs repositories in
> sync, just a one-way mirror (changes in cvs -> changes in subversion,
> but not vice-versa), or just a one-time snapshot?

I think as a first pass I would be looking to make sure to cover cvs ->
subversion.  I would also like to demonstrate trac and why I think that
would be a good way to go in terms of documentation, issue and milestone
tracking.

I'm hoping that if some people on this list see how much nicer a system it
is as compared to the current setup, they might be inclined to switch.

If not, then I imagine I will tap some of the people who emailed me
regarding a fork (I have your emails, I just haven't decided what the best
course of action is yet, for those who might waiting to hear back from me)
and look at branching when 0.18 is released and seeing if we can maintain
a parallel development setup.  That is, integrate critical fixes into the
.18 branch and create point releases, etc.

Depending on how that's received by the dev team, we'll decide how to
proceed.

andy