[mythtv] MythMusic: MetaLibrarian RFC

Sean Cier scier at PostHorizon.com
Wed Mar 23 20:20:32 UTC 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:

> I'd rather just drop support for writing id3 tags and encoding to mp3,
> personally.  There's really no reason to have it in mythmusic.
>
> If you're using myth as a standalone system, then the default encoding
> mechanisms (ogg + flac) work much better, have sane metadata systems, better
> quality, etc.  If you're not using myth as a standalone system, then there's
> plenty of other tools available that'll do the job better and more
> efficiently.

Here here... agreed entirely!  Well, I'm somewhat biased since I don't use
myth to encode my music, just play it back, so it won't actually affect me a
bit (I encode on the server or other desktop systems in my house, not
dedicated myth frontend boxes); but then, that's half of your point.

-spc

--
  /-                 Sean Cier <scier at PostHorizon.com>                  -\
( Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll have another pint )