[mythtv] DVB recording issues

Wed Mar 23 22:35:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:40:13 +1000, Jason W <jason at backtick.org> wrote:

> On 2005/03/20 09:15, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>> I'm running 3 cards also. Anything interesting in your kernel log?
>> (dmesg). If you have bt878 cards, some of your glitches may be
>> non-signal related.
>
> All 3 of my cards are VisionPlus DVB cards and are indeed BT878 based.
> nForce2 chipset with PATA disks. I am running 2.6.10 at the moment,
> system froze when booting on 2.6.11 when loading DVB drivers (forget
> which module). I intend on trying 2.6.11.5 when I get the chance.

> The signal from the antenna cannot be too bad as a Teac DV-B300 STB
> runs
> perfect on it. I have an amplifier on the line at the moment which I
> need for SBS. Attenuating the VHF frequencies or removing the amp all
> together do not affect anything besides my ability to receive SBS at
> all. (i.e. same number of signal errors).

i) I have a VisionPlus card and two DViCO FusionHDTV cards.  The
VisionPlus card is just bad as far as I can see.  It gets many more
errors than the Fusions on the same antenna.  Further discussion of
this aspect should go to the users' list, or linuxtv list.  It may be a
driver issue, but it doesn't seem to be a Myth issue.

ii) WRT the glitches getting worse when myth starts logging them.  I
saw a patch float by recently which changed the VERBOSE logging macro
to use "\n" rather than "std::endl".  That may fix your problem.

Be well,

Will         :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering