[mythtv] (Random) Frontend Crashing

Bob Cottingham bob at bobnvic.com
Thu Mar 24 14:59:49 UTC 2005

Ryan A. Carris said:

> Switched to blue yesterday after I read your first response.  No
> problems yet, however I wasn't experiencing the crash that often to begin
> with - maybe once every 4-5 days.

For what it's worth (I haven't taken the time to recompile with gdb
support yet either), I've been getting random frontend crashes, even when
nothing is playing, ever since upgrading to .17 (currently using cvs from
March 3rd) and I'm using blue/blue osd. The crashes occur about every two
or three days or so. The backend stays up however and simply restarting
the frontend works. Nothing abnormal is in the logs (to my eyes). I'll
eventually get around to recompiling with gdb support, but wasn't really
worried too much about it yet.

Bob C