[mythtv] Can VBI data be used for commercial detection?

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Thu Mar 24 16:47:09 UTC 2005

At 5:19 PM -0400 3/23/05, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:
>Often commercials here in the us will have no closed captions at
>all.  This would be an easy way to find the commercials.

I'm not so sure how well that aspect would work. It would probably
have to be used in addition to other methods. I recall recently
seeing a case where some of the commercials had CC, even though the
program itself didn't.
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"