[mythtv] Proof of concept: Chromakey OSD

Andy Poling andy at realbig.com
Thu Mar 24 17:45:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Todd Tidwell wrote:
> I gotta say, this is the greatest patch I've seen in a while.  Mostly I say
> that because it solves my biggest issue at the moment: playing my HDTV
> content.

Ah - a soulmate.  :-)

> It seems to be super stable for playback of HDTV and regular TV content, the
> only bug I've had is it causes a segfault when myth tries to generate the
> preview video.  It says "Generating OSD Image" in the log and then dies.

Ah - I wouldn't have noticed that because I use a preview image instead of a
preview video.

I also just noticed that the program listing "preview image" OSD usage has
changed in some subtle way because the image now permanently says something
like "loading preview image".  The OSD doesn't get cleared.  I just noticed
that last night - I seldom watch live tv anymore (mostly due to the issues
with changing HDTV channels crashing the player), so I didn't notice it for a
while.

I'm guessing that these two problems are related, and they're both likely
related to a sizing issue.  I'll take a look at it tonight.

Thanks for the feedback!  It's good to see someone's given it a whirl.  :-)

Are you using nvidia graphics or unichrome?

-Andy