[mythtv] Re: State of DVB ATSC

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 28 18:22:17 UTC 2005

Quoting John Patrick Poet <john at BlueSkyTours.com>:

> This last weekend, I turned my frontend into a slave backend, and installed
> my old HD-2000 card.  I decided to use the DVB drivers because I wanted to
> use the 2.6.11 kernel.
>
> Everything went real smooth, but I ended up with "duplicate" channels.
> Zap2it returns the channel callsigns one way, the the DVD scan returned them
> slightly different:

Yes thats still the case for now..

> KOBDT vs. KOB-DT
> KRQEDT vs KRQE-DT
> KNMEDT vs KNME-HD

With these did the major and minor numbers match?  I am trying to decide how I
want to do handle the fuzzy name matching in mythfilldatabase.. I haven't
investigated my local channels on zap2it for a while, so I don't know how bad
the data is for OTA HD there or not..

> I went into mysql and updated the information in the zap2it channel entries
> to contain the information that the DVD driver needs.  I then deleted all
> the channels that the DVD scan generated.  Everything is now working
> beautifully.

Good..

> <snip>

> > > blame it at this point is mpegts.c..  If you do i'd love to get you to do
> > > testing..
> > I do not.  John Poet does, or did at one point.
> I actually forgot to test that channel, after getting the DVD driver working
> with the HD-2000 card.  Taylor, if you want to what I have to deal with, I
> talk about it here:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/104641

There is no reference to PCR PIDs being seperate from teh Video PID in that
thread.. That seems to only cover a major/minor channel numbering issue that
doesn't affect the DVB drivers database layout..

Taylor