[mythtv] Re: Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

nigel at ind.tansu.com.au nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Mar 29 00:25:26 UTC 2005

> No, adjusting the draw order isn't enough.  I don't ever want one OSD
> set showing through the translucent part of another.

	Doesn't that depend on how much "border" there is in the theme?
If the theme boxes are large, but there is 50% wasted area, I am quite
happy for that 25% to overlap in the non-text parts of the OSD.

> That makes for nice eye candy, but not a pleasing interface, IMHO.

	Well, the "pleasibility" of the interface is defined
by the elegance of theme. Bad theme = poor usability.

	But, there are times when multiple OSDs overlayed is bad.
Like when changing channels quickly in Live TV - the new channel
can display before the previous one has faded - both ugly and
unreadable.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au    |    "Things  you  own        |
| Telstra BI&D,  Sydney, Australia         |     end up owning you"      |