[mythtv] Get 'er done

Ben Dodson bdodson at seas.upenn.edu
Sun May 1 20:49:39 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I hope you guys have had a bit of time to get the feel for Jinzora and
maybe even dig into the code a bit. I would love to work with
one/some/all of you to get started on the relational database-driven
backend. I've thought a lot about it and think the best way to do it
will be to add tables to the existing database backend rather than
starting from scratch; a lot of the features will work as-is this way. I
also think we should do this new relational database for the id3 import
only; I don't think there are any gains doing it for the filesystem as
well, so we might as well focus our energy just on the id3 mode.
However, with that said, if we play our cards right  a relational DB for
the filesystem might come for free (like the ID3 import did)

So if anyone wants to step up and get going on this, I'd love to get a
discussion going on how I see it working / how the backend is set up.

Cheers,
Ben