[mythtv] ThreadedFileWriter commit

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Tue May 3 19:27:31 UTC 2005

I have a question related to this commit:

> Changes committed by danielk on Tue May  3 18:58:58 2005

> This removes the next to last exit() call in the myth libraries.
> It removes the exit() call in ThreadedFileWriter when an output
> file can not be opened (due to permissions problems, space, etc.)
>
> If the file can not be opened the RingBuffer::IsOpen() call will
> return false. No change here actually, except we don't no longer
> exit the backend before this check could be made. But this does
> that we need to check IsOpen() in NVR, and that "SETUP_RING_BUFFER"
> can fail, so we now have it return false on failure. Finally, this
> means we need to check the result in tv_rec.cpp, and tv_play.cpp.

What is Myth's behavior when an open-for-write file suddenly becomes
unwritable (perhaps due to a soft NFS mount failure)?  Right now, it
doesn't seem to keep trying, which would be helpful.  When I get the
chance, I'll come up with a patch to do this.

Cheers,
Kyle