[mythtv] Flickering OSD when bob-deinterlacing

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed May 4 11:52:01 UTC 2005

Christian Hoehle wrote:
> My OSD flickers heavily if I use bob-deinterlacing. Flickering only occurs
> on playing back with speed 1.00x. If I change speed to 1.05x or 0.95x (or
> any other value except 1.00x), OSD is displayed flawlessly.
>
> Any ideas?

This is a known limitation of the way bob currently works in MythTV.  It
only has half the vertical scan lines to work with, so it's a
low-resolution OSD.  Bob is automatically disabled at speeds other than
1.00x.  Feel free to search the archives (from maybe 6-9 months ago) for
some further discussion.

Note that the upcoming chromakey OSD should fix this, though it won't
have transparency.

-Doug