[mythtv] [PATCH] XVideo XvMC VLD broken: crash on channel change
terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Wed May 4 12:20:53 UTC 2005
Neale Swinnerton wrote:
> Hi Terry,
> your xvmc_vld_4.patch fixes the crash, but I still 'hang' when I change
> channel. I get this in the log, any clues? I'm running
> CVS from 00:00GMT 2005-05-04
> + xtraview.v2.patch
> + xvmc_vld_3.patch
> + xvmc_vld_4.patch
I'm not sure, the build you have used sounds like the one I am using
except for the xtraview.v2.patch. You could try removing that ?
You could try a complete re-build and ldconfig ?
The system is working for me at the meonent, although I still
think there are issues ....
The settings I use:
1. Base MythTv CVS 2005-05-04
2. My xvmc_vld_2.patch is applied to fix the problem
of changing channels when a DVB source set to record
TS streams. (This is noew in CSV from 2005-05-02.
3. My xvmc_vld_3.patch and xvmc_vld_4.patch patches applied.
4. My MythTv config line is:
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-xvmc-vld --cpu=pentium-mmx\
--dvb-path=/data/src/MythTv/include; qmake mythtv.pro
Note: "--cpu=pentium-mmx" is needed to get MMX working (c3-2 might be better).
5. DVB-T cards are set to record TS streams.
6. DVB-T cards have the "Use HW Encoder" option set. Without
this some channels, that have multiple audio streams,
cause heavy stutter of the video/audio stream.
7. The "TVPlayback" de-interlace option is enabled and "bob"
de-interlace setting is selected.
8. The "TVPlayback" aspect override option is set to "fill".
9. The "TVPlayback" "XvMC VLD hardware decoder" option is set :)
10. The "Unichrome X-Server driver is set to "720x576Noscale" mode.
11. The file "/etc/X11/XvMCConfig has the line "libviaXvMC.so.1" in
12. Set "Enable realtime priority threads"
13. Set "Use Video as Timebase" in "TVPlayback"
14. Set "Extra Audio Buffers" in "TVPlayback"
15. Main software is Fedora Core 3 with updates to 2005-04-07.
16. Kernel is 2.6.10-1.770_FC3
17. I use the Unichrome X-Driver of CVS date 2005.04.12.
18. I use the Unichrome libviaxvmc of CVS date 2005.04.04.
19. I use the Via DRM module from CVS date 2005.04.04.
More information about the mythtv-dev