[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv siparser changes....

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed May 4 16:26:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:32:06PM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 05:45:12PM +0100, Neale Swinnerton wrote:
> >

> > Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > That's the freeview /xtraview patch that was sent to the list a couple
> > > of weeks ago. There is however a better way to do it than the original
> > > patch ;-)
> >
> > What's the better way?
>
> Okay, the old version was messy because it assumed that the
> private data streams were either video or audio. I identified an
> id byte in the private streams which relate to video and audio.
>
> The same byte can also be used to identify subtitle descriptors.
> Someone else is already looking into dvb subtitles.

I forgot to mention that there is a legitimate use for this patch.
BBC Parliment channel carries 1 video stream and 3 audio streams.
The video stream contains three smaller streams comprising of
2x BBC News 24 Interactive and 1x BBC Parliment.
The 3 audio streams correspond to each video stream.

At the moment you have to use +/- to change the audio channel.

At some point in the future these will work like they do on a
set top box, ie. The interactive stuff will all work, but that's
a work in progress. (I'm working on it, but it'll take a while..)

Stuart