[mythtv] Unsynchronized id3v2 tags in mythmusic

Eskil Heyn Olsen myth at eskil.org
Mon May 9 19:03:05 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 16:54 +0200, Hugues Lismonde wrote:

> On a side note, I'll begin to write a plugin to synchronize mythmusic
> (maybe more in the future) with an iPod soon. Is there something like
> that already started so I can either join the effort or wait for it
> to come out?

While I haven't gotten much done, I've started working on at least
playing music of the iPod via mythmusic, then maybe later also sync it.
So initially, I'd just have the connected iPod show up next to "All My
Music", then work towards being able to copy albums/playlists to the
iPod.

I've based my stuff of the KDE ipodslave package, which has a nice C++
api for accessing the iTunesDB file, and it only takes very little work
to rip out the KDE specific stuff.

eskil
---