[mythtv] New MythMusic bugs

mford2 at comcast.net mford2 at comcast.net
Tue May 10 22:35:12 UTC 2005

> These bugs have not been in 0.16, so they are new in 0.17 or 0.18.
>
> I have always had "Ignore ID3 tags" on. Now this happens for NEW songs
> in the database, that are being added by 0.18:
>
> 1.
> MythMusic does not display the track length during playing, only the
> current position.

I wasn't sure whether this was new or I just never noticed it before.  I'm
glad you mentioned it.  I'll keep digging to make sure it's something on my
end but I guess it could be a myth issue.  I get the impression that most
people have their metadata in order so they don't use this setting.  I happen
to have a rather large collection of files with messed up metadata so that
doesn't work well for me.  One day I'll get around to fixing my files...

> 2.
> MythMusic displays the ".ogg" suffix for OGG files (not happening for
> MP3 files).
>
> I have already tried wiping the metadata to no avail.
The .m4a files are displayed as well and flac extensions are correctly hidden.

Mike Ford