[mythtv] Re: Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 13 08:07:36 UTC 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 7:54 AM, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 03:24:10PM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> In an effort to get a 0.18.1 release out the door, we need more folks
>> to test
>> it for stability/proper functionality, etc.
>
>> There are no critical bugfixes (no critical bugs to fix right now),
>> just
>> several small bugfixes. The only feature additions are the inclusion
>> of
>> internal firewire channel-change support on DCT-6200 cable boxes and
>> support
>> for LxM Suite services.
>>
>> I've also built rpm packages that Fedora Core 3 users can grab from
>> here:
>>
>> http://wilsonet.com/packages/mythtv/
>
> Thanks! :)

No problemo. I presume you've already noticed I built them trying out
Chris' modified spec file.

>> Versioning on the packages should be friendly enough that you can use
>> these to
>> upgrade an ATrpm 0.18 install and then upgrade to an official ATrpms
>> 0.18.1
>> install later.
>
> I updated the 0.18 packages to include latest release-0-18-fixes. They
> will hit the server later today.

One minor problem I see with what you've got pushed out right now
though... You need to rebuild the plugins, as mythbrowser and mythdvd
depend on a specific lib, and one of the changes in -fixes in prep for
calling it a 0.18.1 release was to bump the libversion from 0.18 to
0.18.1. See Fedor Pikus' email on atrpms-users for the resulting
effect.

> P.S. Shouldn't a call for testers of packages be done on mythtv-users?
> I doubt any of the mythtv-dev folks make extensive use of
> not-self-built bits :)

Well, the call was more for folks to test the code than the packages, I
just put the packages out there as an added convenience, since I had
them built anyway.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.co