[mythtv] developer docs

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Fri May 13 20:06:26 UTC 2005

I've put a mirror of the doxygen documentation up at http://cuymedia.net

Cuy is the Peruvian name of the Guinea Pig.
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuy
Which I thought was appropriate. :)

There isn't a lot of documentation yet. But it's enough to be useful
for me once in a while. Plus it makes a nice code browser.

Since we don't have a document describing the overall architecture
yet I've just pointed to to the annotated class names list. The ones
with a little summary on the right are generally the ones with some
documentation.

I would love it if someone volunteered to document some subsystem or
volunteered to write the overall architecture document. I can help
you get it into doxygen format if it's not clear.

The doxygen docs are here:
  http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

To generate the doxygen docs from MythTV go into the docs
subdirectory and type "make devdocs". It will generate the
same tree that I've put up on cuymedia.net, but with any
additional documentation you have added. They will be in
docs/doxygen-dev-docs, and will be accessible in a browser
as file:///mythtv-src-location/docs/doxygen-dev-docs/

--
Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cat.nyu.edu>