[mythtv] Re: Call for testers of release-0-18-fixes branch

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 13 23:24:22 UTC 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 15:27, %Sriskanthan Nadarajah wrote:
> I am in Singapore, where we have only DVB broadcast.
> To test the ATSC I need TS. Where can I locate TS in the net?

What exactly are you trying to test if you only have DVB? Once on disk, there
isn't much difference between a DVB-captured TS and an ATSC-captured TS, so
far as I know (but I may be wrong). I've tested quite heavily (in fact,
primarily) with ATSC myself, including live TV, both OTA and off my cable
box. Works great! Just the same, pchdtv.com has a TS file available for
download:

http://pchdtv.com/downloads/tst.tar

Its not actually a tar file, just rename to tst.ts (or even better, to
tst.nuv, then you can play it back via "mythtv tst.nuv").

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com