[mythtv] XvMC and ./configure

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri May 13 23:48:26 UTC 2005

On 13-May-05, at 6:40 PM, Rich Goodin wrote:

> got both XvMC support (which I wanted) and XvMC VLD support enabled.
> Since my system doesn't have VIA, I of course don't have the file.

You don't need / shouldn't have VLD support enabled. It's there to
adapt to some oddities specific to the Unichrome flavour of XvMC.

I'm not using nVidia but as I recall from recent posters it's not worth
using XvMC for that hardware. You should be able to find out plenty by
scanning the list archives.

- George