[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun May 15 21:17:49 UTC 2005

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On 5/15/05, Torbjörn Jansson
> <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:
>>> This or something else in the recent commits must have broken
>>> something, because i get:
>>>
>>> siscan.cpp:81: error: `VSB_8' was not declared in this scope
>>> siscan.cpp:83: error: `VSB_8' was not declared in this scope
>>> siscan.cpp:85: error: `VSB_8' was not declared in this scope
>>> make[2]: *** [siscan.o] Error 1
>>>

>> My fault, i was using the wrong dvb include dir, i had one from cvs
>> linux-dvb 2.4 kernel and one from 2.6 and in the 2.4 VSB_8 is not
>> defined.
>
> I use linux-2.6.10/include and I get the same error. Should I upgrade
> my kernel?

That's not necessary.
The 2.6.10 include files doesn't contain the nessesary values (struct
fe_modulation or something like that)
Checkout the drivers from linux-dvb cvs, the 2.6 one, and point mythtv
config program to that directory instead.
That will work.

If you want to make sure you are using the right include files, just look
for a frontend.h file that contains VSB_8.