[mythtv] modeline 240p+BOB

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Sun May 22 23:19:48 UTC 2005

John P Poet wrote:
> Is anyone using the BOB deinterlacer with SD material?  If so, what
> modeline are you using?

I went through a similar process to what you described (and I snipped),
but ended up watching 480i material scaled to 540p since (a) the OSD
looks so much better, and the video is not enough worse to bother me,
and (b) remembering to use Myth's versus my TV's widescreen modes was
annoying.

That said, I got a marginally better picture using a 480p (vs. 540p)
modeline for watching 480i with bob deinterlace; both are much better
than a 240p modeline.

-Doug