[mythtv] DVD-T UK xmltv ids

Ian Armstrong mail01 at iarmst.co.uk
Sat May 28 22:21:36 UTC 2005

On Saturday 28 May 2005 20:48, John Pullan wrote:

> > >It depends what region you are in as to what the service id is. My
> > > lineup has a few differences from those listed, with 4171 being BBC1
> > > (South).
> >
> > Hmm, that's a bugger.  I had expected them to be the same everywhere...
> > My idea would have to be based on some heuristic to match it then...
> > Channel name or something...
>
> I'd actually hoped that that they would have been unique for a given
> area. But it looks like they're maybe some duplication. Ian appears to
> have a different service id for bbc south but you and I have the same.
> (I'm looking at the Winterhill transmitter in lancs) Guess if we did
> do something along these lines the writer would get to choose which
> wins :)

I think the service id only really differs with a regional station, while the
national ones stay the same. BBC has regional variations, but for most the
only difference is the 'local' news. ITV1 also has a different service id
from that listed, but again there are regional differences. Sky News, TMF,
BBC News24 & CBeebies all match those listed, but there are no regional
differences for those stations. If you looked across the country, I'd be very
surprised if any service id was re-used for a different station.

--
Ian