[mythtv] Several XV zoom modes broken on ATI cards?

Marek Musial musial at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 1 08:42:14 EST 2005

Hi,

when I updated my ATI driver from 8.14.x to 8.16.20, three of the six display
modes ('W') started to continuously show a part of the very first frame in
the lowest seventh part of the screen (estimated) which is not updated, and
some of the topmost part is missing. This applies to 4:3 Zoom and 16:9 Zoom,
while off and 4:3 are unaffected. Currently unsure whether 16:9 stretch or
fill is the third affected option.

This persisted with ATI 8.18.6 and 8.18.8. I am currently using SVN #7450 on
an ATI X700 and Xorg 6.8.2, but this fault was definitely triggered by the
ATI driver change and also occurred both with an earlier MythTV SVN release
and with XFree 4.3.

While this seems to indicate a bug in the ATI driver, I would still like to
hear if any of you have observed the same thing, and if anybody can state
more technically what kind of xv options might cause it. If only so that I
can send a more specific bug report to ATI than "MythTV does not work
correctly in some of its display modes"...

Thanks,
Marek

--
  _______  __   Marek Musial * Real-Time Systems & Robotics Group