[mythtv] Any way non-programmers can help the project?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Nov 1 16:15:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 12:36 -0500, Grant Emsley wrote:
> I love mythtv, and I was wondering if there is anything that a
> non-programmer can do to help out? I know a bit of programming, enough to
> make sense of other people's code most of the time, but not enough to write
> my own.  If there is any way I can give back I'd be glad to help.

Simplifying the installation documentation, or contributing toward the
doxygen docs if you feel comfortable enough with the code to read and
document it. The start to these are both located in the mythtv/docs
directory. The files are:
  mythtv-HOWTO.sgml &
  doxygen-architecture-document.cpp, resp.

We could also use some more documentation on using MythTV, I've often
though it would be nice to have a web page where I could look up the
information in the mythtv/keys.txt file in different ways. It would also
be nice to have something that pointed out the various headliner
features of MythTV and explained how to use them...

-- Daniel