[mythtv] Good work on the DVB/ATSC live TV!

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:22:33 EST 2005

I just want to send a brief thank-you to all of those who have been working
on improved ATSC / DVB support, especially Daniel. I've just upgraded to SVN
7671 and I'm very impressed with how well Live TV works even when reception
fails. For the first time, MythTV does not crash or hang when it tries to
tune to a channel that's unavailable, making it much easier to experiment
with US broadcast HDTV and its unreliable channels.

As the U.S. Congress holds yet another hearing today on Broadcast Flag
proposals, thanks for a great way to demonstrate how well flag-free TV can
be used. (Hearing details at <
http://www.publicknowledge.org/news/events/20051103-house-hearing>.)

--Wendy

--