[mythtv] mutliple storage directories idea... ?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 12:48:24 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 21:51, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> I was looking for a way to derive the basename from the pathname even
> in
> the situation where the basename contains directory information
> (allowing recordings to be stored in subdirectories of the recordings
> directory).  So, just taking the filename doesn't work.

Sorry to come late to the party... IIUC, you have a pathname and you
want to somehow determine which part of it is the basename (which may
or may not include an arbitrary number of levels tail-end directories).
Do I have that correct?  Is the pathname you're parsing an absolute
path?  If so I have some ideas...

-JAC