[mythtv] Can't use MythTV after svn Help

Steve & Laurie Sanders slsanders at colfaxnet.com
Sat Nov 5 12:13:53 EST 2005

I have been using myth 0.18.1 for about 6 months on a 3GHz P4 FC3 system.
Mostly installed using jerrod wilsons howto. This means I started with rpms
but I had lots of things that did not seem to work with my
2.6.11-1.27_FC3smp kernel. So I rebuilt most components from source and had
everything working nicely with my single PVR 350 and ivtv 0.4.0 stable.

Execpt that I would get occasional screen freeze during playback. Someone on
the ivtv forum suggested that the svn mythtv had addressed many playback
issues so I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to see if that would
help. I compiled the svn to the most current without errors and the install.

mythbackend starts ok, mythfronend starts ok, mythfilldatabase connects to
mythbackend ok. mysqld is started. I can't find any error messages, I went
through backend setup and frontend setup again, everything still looked ok.
I can display mythweather and mythFlix (pretty cool)

BUT I can not view live tv anymore and I can not see any of my recordings!
The only thing I can find unusual is on the system info page I have some
strange stuff:
****************
myth 0.19.20051104-1

SWAP: UNKNOWN
Disk usage on UNKNOWN_COMMAND:
                      UNKNOWN
0 minutes left, using recording profile "HDTV"
0 minutes left using your typical recording profile

I only have OTA std definition television. Is my database destroyed? I still
have lots of nuv files in /video but when I try to watch recordings I see
none available When I try to watch live tv clicking on the menu just blinks
the watch tv link but does nothing, does not even leave the menu.

If I should be posting somewhere else please let me know. I am dead in the
water rigth now. Does anyone know how to get me back up again? I can do any
kind of debugging with instructions provided.

Regards,
Steve