[mythtv] Mythtranscode .mpg => .mpg not .mpg => .nuv

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Sat Nov 5 21:04:38 EST 2005

> On 11/4/05, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> > On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> >
> > - It appears to remux a chunk of video I've got and then hang,
> > sucking CPU.  Nothing logged with debug=4, just sitting there.
> > Threadlock, maybe?
I have created a new version here:
http://www.pblue.org/myth/mpeg2fix-0.3.tgz

It fixes a couple of bugs that could lead to getting stuck in an
endless loop, as well as some other miscelaneous bugs.  Otherwise, no
additional features.  It is still possible to get stuck in an endless
wait-loop (well, nearly endless) if you have a jump in the PTS (as it
tries to fill in the discontinuity wit new frames), but otherwise it
seems to be behaving itself reasonably well.

I also found what I think to be a bug in libavcodec when reading ac3
frames from mpeg2 streams.  I sent a description and what I believe to
be a fix, to the ffmpeg-devel list.
The report can be found here:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2005-November/004913.html

.Geoff