[mythtv] Can't use MythTV after svn Help

Steve & Laurie Sanders slsanders at colfaxnet.com
Sun Nov 6 14:41:20 EST 2005

How do I do that? in the frontend setup? or compile options?

Also I have just gone back and rebuilt svn 7738. Even after doing the manual
mysql update I can't see any content in my media directory. When I try to
watch live tv I get a big fat warning about the server talks network
protocol 15 and the frontend speaks 19. viewing mythbackend.log shows this:

2005-11-06 11:16:17.930 mythbackend version: 0.18.1.20050523-1
www.mythtv.org
[snip..]
2005-11-06 11:17:00.722 Unknown command: QUERY_FREE_SPACE_LIST
2005-11-06 11:17:08.951 MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol
version 19 but we speak 15!

For some reason it does not look to me like mythbackend is being installed,
even though I saw now errors on make or make install. Any idea what could be
going on here?

Steve