[mythtv] mythfrontend || mythbackend version conflict

Steve & Laurie Sanders slsanders at colfaxnet.com
Sun Nov 6 15:30:27 EST 2005

I have just built svn 7738 off of the main trunk. For some reason my make
install process seems to result in the new version of the myfrontend being
installed but the previous version of mythbackend service remaining...

mythfrontend displays:
0.19.1.20051104-1

mythbackend.log shows:
2005-11-05 12:45:38.911 mythbackend version: 0.18.1.20050523-1

before I built everything I stopped mythfrontend, mythbackend, and mysqld.
Then did all the ./configure, qmake mythtv.pro, make, and finally sudo make
install. I did not observe any errors during this process.

following this i did depmod -a, updatedb, ldconfig, mkinitrd, and rebooted
for insurance. It still comes up with the old version of mythbackend!

Anybody got some ideas?