[mythtv] Re: iPod & generic mp3 player support

Eskil Heyn Olsen myth at eskil.org
Mon Nov 7 15:23:14 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 11:31 -0500, Steve Adeff wrote:

> sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just discovered libgpod (from the gtkpod
> folks), compiled it into my Amarok build and it works beautifuly, it even
> supports podcasts! I don't know what the video support for it is yet, but if
> the folks here working on iPod support might want to look into this.

It would be interesting for the photos/podcast support, but it requires
glib for base functionality, and for photos and snazzy stuff, it also
needs gtk+ and gdk_pixbuf, it would pull in too many dependencies, it
wouldn't be accepted.

Right now I'm more looking at using the kio ipod slave module from KDE
since it's dependencies are very minimal (ie. just Qt).

http://kpod.sourceforge.net/ipodslave/

eskil
---