[mythtv] Mythtranscode .mpg => .mpg not .mpg => .nuv

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Wed Nov 9 15:11:41 EST 2005

On 11/9/05, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>         OK.. a few issues/questions.
>
> - It appears that the program now looks through the whole file before
> actually writing anything... takes up CPU before the output file grows.
Yes.  This is needed to find the PTS discrepencies.  I tried to find a
way that doesn't require it, but it got really messy.

> - Missing '\n' on the help for the new -m option.
Will fix.

> - I like the out%d.yuv with the larger debug.  Easier to see which frames
> are being generated.  What kind of data is the .enc?  Just the raw frame
> generated from ffmpeg?
it is the raw encoded frame from ffmpeg.  you can view it using ffplay
by doing cat out0.yuv.enc out0.yuv.enc > out0.m2v and then playing
that (mplayer would probably work, too).  you need 2 copies of the
frame, because the 1st one gets buffered.

> - I get these messages when I process the whole file from the
> 'mischead.mpg' chunk I sent you:
>
> <snip lots of these>
>    PTS: 703170541 Delta: -1
>    PTS: 703179181 Delta: 1
>    PTS: 703321741 Delta: 1
>    PTS: 703481581 Delta: 1
these shouldn't really matter.
> Mux rate: 6.29 Mbit/s
> Warning, QMAT_SHIFT is larger then 21, overflows possible
> Inserting 0 I-Frames after frame #14 (null)
> Warning, QMAT_SHIFT is larger then 21, overflows possible
> Inserting 0 I-Frames after frame #2 (null)
> Warning, QMAT_SHIFT is larger then 21, overflows possible
> Inserting 0 I-Frames after frame #11 (null)
> Warning, QMAT_SHIFT is larger then 21, overflows possible
> Inserting 6 I-Frames after frame #8 (null)
> Warning, QMAT_SHIFT is larger then 21, overflow
> <snip>
> Is that just broken input?
Those are messages from AVCODEC
I should be able to recreate and possibly debug them if you send me
the corresponding out.yuv and out.yuv.enc files.  But likely, yes, it
is broken inupt.

> - New library needed for mpegparse?
It now needs libz because I added a CRC32 check to the picture frames.
Doing 'make mpegparse' will work correctly.

.Geoff