[mythtv] Subversion tree and non-case sensitive filesystems

Tomas Edwardsson tommi at tommi.org
Wed Nov 9 17:30:50 EST 2005

Hi

I am unable to checkout the mythplugins trunk anymore from svn. I'm
pretty sure the reason is that there are 2 different directories with
the same name but different caps. The filesystem used by MacOS is case
insensitive and detects a conflict.

mac-mini:~/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn root# /usr/local/bin/svn co
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins
A    mythplugins/mythdvd
[- snip -]
A    mythplugins/mythweb/themes/Default/status.php
A    mythplugins/mythweb/themes/Default/menus.css
subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c:1040: (apr_err=155000)
svn: Failed to add directory 'mythplugins/mythweb/themes/default':
object of the same name already exists
mac-mini:~/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn root#

I did a "rm -rf mythplugins" before doing the checkout.

mythplugins/mythweb/themes/Default and
mythplugins/mythweb/themes/default seem to be the culprits.

- Tommi