[mythtv] MythGame new RomDB commit

harywilke harywilke at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 12:19:38 EST 2005

On Nov 10, 2005, at 5:54 AM, Greg Estabrooks wrote:

>   Well for all of you MythGame users out there I just commited
> some code that adds back in metadata gathering when you do a
> game scan. However now there is data for a lot more gametypes
> than before.
> --snip--
>  A new table called "romdb" has been created and I've included a
> copy of
> the current romdb sql data in the contrib direcotry of the main
> MythTV source which you will need to import if you want to take
> advantage of this new meta data.   It's by no means complete
> but it contains information on over 165k of roms and I intend to
> keep filling in information as time goes on. I'll be including
> a couple perl scripts later that can be used for updating the
> romdb table without having to reimport all 165k entries as well
> as for allowing users to pull out any custom rom information that
> they filled in manually for those that want to submit that info
> for inclusion in the main romdb list.

wow. first off thanks for all the work on this. it'll be nice to have
my games sorted again.

A couple of questions. right now i have no games scanned in and i
want to set things up to use the new romdb. so i svn up to the
latest, launch mythfrontend to update the db schema, then load the
romdb from the command line with 'mysql -D mythconverg -u mythtv -p
< ./romdb-2005-1101-01.sql', then go back to mythtfrontend/setup/
mythgame and scan for my games. correct?

also on the mythgame setup screen if i 'clear rom metadata' do i have
to reload the romdb.sql? or does this just clear any rom metadata
that i've entered or does it clear my set of roms from the database?

thanks
-hary