[mythtv] Breaking Live-TV

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 11 09:03:10 EST 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 3:22, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> >  Will this change enable 2 frontends to watch the same channel
without
> > taking up 2 video inputs ?
>
> 	I am fairly sure it won't, but you can do this in other ways.
> (e.g. MythStreamTV)

Actually, I thought that part of the intent was to enable just that...
one frontend would be in true 'LiveTV' mode, able to change channels.
Each channel/program that is 'surfed' to in LiveTV mode shows up as a
recording in the list.  Other frontends could then watch any of the
in-progress recordings just like any other recording -- just not in
'LiveTV' mode.  Caveats, of course, being that the in-progress
recording would end at the point where the controlling frontend changed
the channel.

Isaac, am I in the ballpark on this?

-JAC