[mythtv] IPTV project - 'officially' starting

Jun Yu junyuu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:33:41 EST 2005

I guess we are talking about the same thing but from different perspective.
Robert, you are talking about the client only which is also Paul proposed, I
believe. The problem with that is how we can use it. Are we going to just
build a client box for a particular provider or a complete IPTV
infrastructure for small ISP and home owner? If a client only, how can we
get information as how it gets delivered from the provider? If we don't look
at this from the big picture, we could well end up with a box works with
handful providers and loss broad audiences.
On the other hand, if we can take existing mythtv's bacnedn/frontend to
expand into a full functional IPTV infrastructure, including server/backend
that proving service and client/frontend that view the content, it could
open up a while new world, or not -:).

Jun