[mythtv] Breaking Live-TV

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:24:35 EST 2005

On 11/11/05, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> On Friday 11 November 2005 11:16 am, Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> > It would be nice to have a clean-up after the liveTV session is done.
> > Just channel surfing adds a horrendous amount of entries in the recorded
> > programs.
>
> Plan is to autoexpire short (probably < under 5 minutes) programs from livetv
> at a greater frequency than the current autoexpirerer runs through things.
> Just haven't written it yet.

Any interest in assigning livetv files to a 'LiveTV' category that
doesn't automatically appear under 'All Programs'?  This would keep
the recordings separated and easily assessible, unless I'm missing
something or it would be much harder than it seems.  By pressing the
record button on the remote while it is recording, you could change
the category so that it shows up under All Programs.  I would think
that the livetv files that aren't autoexpired as you mentioned above
should be autoexpired before scheduled recording files. Is this
possible?

Thanks for your hard work, I greatly appreciate it. While I don't
watch much live tv myself, my wife does frequently and this will be a
great improvement.

Thanks,
Bob C